We plan to have more book reviews in 2017. It has taken a few years of effort, but the Diva has convinced several major book publishers that a blog is a serious medium for book reviews.
Book reviews published to date (from oldest to newest):
- Governance for Urban Sustainability and Resilience (2014), by Jeroen van der Heijden. [Reviewer: Don Watson]
- The Tulsa River (2014), by Ann Patton. [Reviewer: Claire B. Rubin]
- The Resilience Dividend: Being Strong in World Where Things Go Wrong (2014) by Judith Rodin; Public Affairs, $27.99, 384 pp. [Reviewer: Joshua Sinai]
- The Dynamics of Disaster, by Susan W. Kieffer. Norton, 2014. Hardcover, 274 pp. List price: $25.95. [Reviewer: Claire B. Rubin]
- Two Reviews on Social Media and Emergency Management. [Reviewer: Lauren Ohl-Trlica.]
- A Futurist’s Guide to Emergency Management (2015) [Reviewer: Will Flagler]
- Cassandra’s Curse: the Law and Forseeable Future Disasters (2016) [Reviewer: Ed Thomas]
- The Consequences of Disasters: Demographic, Planning, and Policy Implications (2016) [Reviewer: Don Watson]
- Narratives of Crisis; Telling Stories of Ruin and Renewal (2016) [Reviewer: NancyKay Sullivan Wessman.
- Katrina, Mississippi; Voices from Ground Zero (2016) [Reviewer: Robert Tabler, Jr.]
- Consuming Catastrophe; Mass Culture in America’s Decade of Disaster (2017), by Timothy Recuber. [Reviewer: Jono Anzalone]