Two best overall sources:
Best Power Outage Tools (2/21) — from Wirecutter ( NYTimes)
Wildfire Preparedness, also from Wirecutter.
Emergency Food, Lights And Generators To Have For Winter Power Outages, from HuffPost, 1/2022
Pet Care in a Disaster – How to Keep your Pet Safe in a Disaster
Metro Washington Area Info: [not current at this time}:
- Diva-prepared list for distribution to senior citizens of Arlington, Va in 2020. Digital Resources-March 2020
- From Potomac Electric Power Co, Suggestions for Storm Preparations
From FEMA, this guidance on personal emergency financial first aid.
Personal preparedness information, see The Prepared website. Be advised it is not clear who owns this commercial site.
Prepacked Emergency Kits: Red Cross, and many commercial versions.
- How to Make Your Home More Resilient for Hurricane Season.
- Evacuating for a Hurricane: How to Prepare Yourself
Disaster Preparedness for Your Pet. Advice from the CDC, which notes “pets are family too.”
Essential items to have in a backpack for a hike. This item appeared regarding the woman lost for 17 days in Hawaii after getting lost on a day hike.
From NY City, Business Preparedness Guide.
From Los Angeles Times, How to Prepare for an Earthquake
- From The Wirecutter: The Top 10 Tools to Help You Prepare for the Next Wildfire; 10/19