As is typically true of the recovery phase, in the weeks following the disaster realistic assessments of the damage and impact of the event start to become known. As the bad news sinks in with victims they get cranky, overwhelmed, and begin to complain. Here are a few examples of the major outcomes now known:
- Park destroyed:
- Insurance Issues:
- Homeowners Insurance:
- Collection of articles from HuffPost Canada
- Possible Abuse of Debit Cards Given to Victims
Thanks to Franklin McDonald for providing some of these newsclips.
Update on July 5: the City of Calgary has done an interesting Infographic re the flood disaster.
- Calgarians raise stink over flood claims (castanet.net)
- Calgarians livid some insurance companies will cover sewer backup damage after floods but others won’t (news.nationalpost.com)
- Calgary flood damage to cost city $265M (cbc.ca)