Interested in an Index of Key Postings in 2017?

The Diva has produced both a semi-annual and annual summary of significant postings in past years.  It is her hope that practitioners, consultants, and academics would find an annotated index, by topic of use.  Before embarking on that effort for the year 2017, she would like to hear from readers if they would find that a useful resource.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Interested in an Index of Key Postings in 2017?

1. Leo Bosner says:

Hey Claire, this sounds great. Please keep me on your list for it. Happy New Year, Leo Sent from my Sprint phone.

Recovery Diva wrote:

recoverydiva posted: “The Diva has produced both a semi-annual and annual summary of significant postings in past years. It is her hope that practitioners, consultants, and academics would find an annotated index, by topic of use. Before embarking on that effort for the year”

2. Don Watson says:

Hi Claire:

I am unsure if this feedback is useful.

I find that without national attention devoted to DRR and climate resilience, there is no national community. Howev er, I am finding that there is strong local interest, only hampered by lack of support …. that is, local and regional efforts are also set back.

Interest in The OARS list is evidenced by reduction in “hits” even though I keep it up with intern atonal set liar examples. There are increasingly “dire” efforts, that is, advocates are having to shout to get attention.

The absence of national focus on PR and VI further evidence of floundering.

So I have a hard time finding the national pulse to the discussion that you have so ably made possible.

All I can advise (as note to self as well) is to keep up prior efforts….but I ponder the New Year with wondering what strategy is appropriate for 2018.

I am spending most time with local applications, including architecture and planning for resilience. Challenges enough, but we are losing needed support without a national focus.

A response to your good inquiry, but not an answer. I look for opportunity in the absence, but not yet sure what it might be.

Yes a longer discussion called f or.

DW

• recoverydiva says:

You raise some questions I have not contemplated, but will give some thought to.

• recoverydiva says:

As of 12/31 I wonder to what extent the focus and tenor of the Trump Administration is part of the problem. Just today I posted an article about the seriousness of the small number of political appointees. Not only is the number important, but so is the quality and the stated/perceived mission of those appointees.

3. pjblechman says:

Yes Focus: Climate Change Disability inclusion Emergency notification Emergency use of social media Basic Preparedness: individual, family -As well as Community, Religious Facility Best Practices: local, state, national

Thank You! Peg