Considering how many research institutions, academics, and social media devotees there are in the areas impacted by the flooding in CO, I am expecting a great deal of information of interest re the flooding risk, vulnerability, and history is available on the Internet. So far, it has been trickling in. Here are some specifics:
Comments and suggestions are beginning to come in – see the comment section below.
- BASIN: http://bcn.boulder.co.us/basin/
- BASIN: Flood History
- Some early damage estimates
- Some USGS sources: http://water.usgs.gov/floods/events/2013/SepCO/ and
- Amazing pictures of the flood damage
- Flood history info from UCAR/Univ. of CO
- The foresight and vision of Gilbert White
- Thoughtful comments from the blog of meteorologist Bill Hooke
Definitely some dramatic pictures of the damage. Thanks.