- As noted by the National Weather Service: This event is unprecedented & all impacts are unknown & beyond anything experienced.
- Conflicts in assessments and orders of evacuation for H. Harvey. See: Harvey is causing Epic Catastrophic Flooding in Houston; Why Wasn’t the City Evacuated?
- The FEMA Administrator said publicly that FEMA will be working in Houston for years to come. I think the challenges to FEMA re recovery and to the National Flood Ins. Program will be staggering, not to mention costly.
- Last I heard 50 counties (of the 254 total) are affected by the storm and rainfall. Clearly that makes mutual aid a big challenge.
- In my opinion tweets from President Trump about how great intergovernmental activities are going are neither realistic nor helpful for this catastrophic event.
The Diva welcomes comments and additions to this list.