COVID-19: A Potential Hazard to Democracy.
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) maintains a collection of documents that address the negative effects a pandemic like COVID-19 (coronavirus 2019) can have on democracies.
IFES has identified seven elements that are at risk of exploitation due to the global crisis:
– Chaotic elections and a decline in trust in electoral outcomes
– Disruption in the rule of law
– Erosion of information integrity
– Looming barriers to political access
– Explosion in technology reliance and exploitation
– Abuses of public sector trust and resources
– Declines in transparency and accountability
[Sorry for the confusion. The new editor on this site still eludes me]