Not only the NY and NJ congressional delegations are furious with Congress, but so is the New York Times – see its editorial on Hurricane Sandy Aid, NY Times, January 2, 2013. They desperately need federal assistance and in a timely manner to assist with recovery processes.
There is a lot of finger-pointing in Washington about who is responsible for the mess made of the so-called fiscal-cliff negotiations, but there is no doubt about who failed thousands of residents and businesses devastated by Hurricane Sandy and still waiting for help: Speaker John Boehner.
Boehner yielded to the political pressure and now has the bill scheduled for attention in January.
- New Jersey Governor Calls Congress Failure To Vote On Hurricane Sandy Aid ‘Dereliction Of Duty’ (philadelphia.cbslocal.com)
- Voting on Sandy aid postponed until next Congress (nj.com)
- House releases smaller Hurricane Sandy bill (thehill.com)
- Lawmaker Irate Over $60B Sandy Snub (huffingtonpost.com)
- Obama, NY and NJ lawmakers press for Sandy aid (news.yahoo.com)
- ‘Shame on you, Congress’: Republicans in Sandy-hit areas blast House GOP for delay on relief (usnews.nbcnews.com)